Subject: FW: recovery of court fees in Estonia
From: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 10:20:09 +0200

From: Madara Rieksta-Liepiņa <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2025 10:13 AM
To: Anastasia Sanchez Fernandez - JUSTDIGI <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: recovery of court fees in Estonia

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleague,

As an EJN CP I have one clarifying question regarding recovery of the
court fees in civil case from defendant in Estonia.

As the Regulation 1215/2012 does not provide option to recover court fees
from defendants in other MS, we wanted to clarify if this would be
possible under the Agreement on mutual legal assistance between Latvia,
Estonia and Lithuania? Accordingly, would the competent court of Estonia
accept such request?

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Ar cieņu

Madara Rieksta-Liepiņa

Tieslietu ministrijas

Starptautiskās sadarbības departamenta

juriste

67036846

Kind regards

Madara Rieksta-Liepiņa

Lawyer

Department of International Cooperation

Ministry of Justice

of the Republic of Latvia

Šis e-pasts un tā pielikumā esošie dokumenti var saturēt ierobežotas
pieejamības informāciju, cita starpā fizisko personu datus, kas adresēta
tikai tā saņēmējam un izmantojama tikai leģitīmiem mērķiem. Ja esat
saņēmis šo e-pastu kļūdas dēļ, vai nav pamatota mērķa ierobežotas
pieejamības informācijas, cita starpā fizisko personu datu, apstrādei,
Jums nav tiesību izmantot vai pārsūtīt šajā e-pastā un tam pievienotajos
dokumentos ietverto informāciju. Šādā gadījumā nekavējoties
neatgriezeniski izdzēsiet šo e-pastu.